2/21/22 Uncomfortable

 Uncomfortable

Oh that tingly feeling, make it stop, make it stop! Like little tiny ants walking their little tiny feet all over my skin. I can’t make it stop. I scratch and itch and turn and twist, hoping the small breeze will make the feeling go away.

Persistent, that’s what it is, no matter what I seem to do, the tingly feeling continues to  crackle all over my body. If I hold still it’s there, if I stand still it’s there, nothing works. 

The only cure is time, but how do I wait when I can’t even think! This feeling is consuming my mind, I can’t concentrate, can’t focus. Tingling, that is all I know. This horrible feeling all over my body has made time slower. Every second of this misery feels like hours, I can’t take it! I want it gone!

Quickly thinking I run outside; I run and I run until I hear the sound of water. I dash to the lake and without hesitation, emerge myself into the cold water. Peace, finally. The tingling is gone and all I feel is the smooth water encapsulating me. 

As my sensations come back to me, I suddenly realize the iciness of the water. Quicker than I ran before, I dash back to my home, hoping to make it before I freeze and die in the cold open air.

I reach my home and run inside, quickly wrapping myself in a warm blanket. The tingling sensation is gone, finally. All I feel now is the cozy warmness of my blanket.


The End

2/21/22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/18/22 The Hypno-Toilet

12/25/22 Paper Floor

9/22/22 We the Dreamers