Yellow everyone, I am Elizabee and I like to write for fun as a hobby. This year I have challenged myself to write a short story every single day. I would love for you to join me as I share this writing adventure with you all :)
Final Thoughts Oh my gosh I made it! I managed to write something everyday for an entire year! I’ll admit there are times when I wanted to stop, but I also wanted to keep going and not give up. Burnout is so real though, and it hit hard multiple times throughout the year. I am proud that I did it though, no matter how challenging it was some nights. I may not be proud of every single piece that I wrote, but I am happy with a lot of them. It is more the fact I was able to push myself to just write something, whether it was good or bad, that makes me the most proud. It has been a good experience though, coming up with something new every night. It challenged my creativity while also helping to develop my writing style. It gave me a chance to play around with different genres and styles of writing that I might not have done before. I am excited however for next year where I plan to continue writing, (maybe not every single day) and also work on editing and planning ahead. I ...
The Floor is Lava “Mommy, why is that cloud so dark?” She quickly grabs her young daughter, eyes peeled to the darkness above, “That isn’t a cloud Lyla.” Her pace quickens with her daughter secured in her arms, bouncing up and down as she runs. Overhead a large cloudlike figure begins to cover the entire sky. Everyone under the dark cloud panics, running for cover, all knowing the pain that is about to come. The dark cloud stops as all the light is squeezed out of sight. “What’s happening mommy?” the little girl says with tears in her eyes. “I love you Lyla,” her mother says, squeezing her tight as they hide inside a nearby building. A loud thundering noise comes from outside followed by loud thuds on the ground, tearing the roads to pieces. Heavy metal rods descend swiftly from the dark cloud above, plunging deep into the earth. Giant cracks begin to form all over the earth, lava slowly seeping through them. The mother covers her daughters ears to try and...
The Underwater Train The train flies by on the tracks, breaking through the water as it goes on its underwater route. Not many travel on the underwater train, most scared by the thought of it, but not once has the interior of the train leaked, or any disaster occurred. Years and years the train has run this route, and still people are wary. The small few consistent riders of the underwater train benefit greatly from its speed. Being underwater, the train is able to take a more direct route, getting passengers where they want to go faster than the normal land trains. The look of the train is what scares people the most, it does not look like it is meant to go underwater. On the outside, it is a normal, standard train that would be seen passing by a normal road. But the outside is deceiving as the inside is sealed airtight, not allowing any water inside the cabin. It is quite a surreal experience riding the underwater train. The route starts on land like normal then veers off onto ...
Comments
Post a Comment