12/31/22 Final Thoughts

 Final Thoughts

Oh my gosh I made it! I managed to write something everyday for an entire year! I’ll admit there are times when I wanted to stop, but I also wanted to keep going and not give up. Burnout is so real though, and it hit hard multiple times throughout the year.

I am proud that I did it though, no matter how challenging it was some nights. I may not be proud of every single piece that I wrote, but I am happy with a lot of them. It is more the fact I was able to push myself to just write something, whether it was good or bad, that makes me the most proud.

It has been a good experience though, coming up with something new every night. It challenged my creativity while also helping to develop my writing style. It gave me a chance to play around with different genres and styles of writing that I might not have done before.

I am excited however for next year where I plan to continue writing, (maybe not every single day) and also work on editing and planning ahead. I am very much looking forward to the planning ahead and worldbuilding part.

When I started this I was so confident in my creative abilities and thought it would be no problem coming up with something new each night. Well here we are one year later, and I realize how naive that thought was. A great lesson has been taught to me through experience that having a plan for what you are writing is important and will greatly improve the writing.

So will I ever do this again, no, but I am happy that I did it. As a new writer I feel I have learned a lot from this challenge and that it has prepared me for my future in writing. Thank you to everyone who has followed me along my journey, and a happy new year to you all.


The End

12/31/22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/18/22 The Hypno-Toilet

12/25/22 Paper Floor

9/22/22 We the Dreamers