5/30/22 Raindrops

 Raindrops

A droplet of rain I am, sitting in my little raincloud, just waiting to be launched to the world. My brothers and sisters sit in anticipation, all huddled together in our cloud, waiting for it to spit us out. 

We raindrops live for one thing and one thing only, the fall. In our short life cycle, we do not look forward to much. After we are formed in the cloud, and squeezed against millions of others just like us, all that is left in life is to fall to the earth and see where we land.

Once we drop, we dissolve and become ourselves no more. Waiting in the cloud is boring, but the fall, the exhilaration of flying through the sky, even if it is just for a few moments, means everything to us raindrops.

Our cloud has stopped its movement and grown darker, blocking the sun from the world below. It is time. My brothers and sisters and I all prepare for the moment we have been waiting for. The cloud opens and we begin to fall.

At first only a few of us escape, and are squeezed into thin droplets, but that is just the precursor for the storm that is to come. The cloud then drops us fully, so we can hold our whole shape, a proper drop.

I watch my brothers and sisters fall, wondering when my time will co- it is now. I start my descent, leavin the tightness of the cloud and feeling the open space of the air. I join in perfect harmony with my fellow drops as we quickly shoot towards the land. As I look down I see I am aimed at a large body of water, where I will dissolve and later be reborn into a new droplet, who will take my same journey. 

I hit the water with such force, a little ripple joins the ones of my brothers and sisters. Our ripples draw tiny circles, all around the water. And just like that I am gone, now part of a larger body of water. My journey is now over as I am now not myself.


The End

5/30/22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/18/22 The Hypno-Toilet

12/25/22 Paper Floor

9/22/22 We the Dreamers