6/16/22 A Cursed Night

 A Cursed Night

Entranced by his form I am frozen, stuck to gaze upon him. His fat little body and eight thin legs leave me petrified with fear, unable to dispose of him but too scared to look away. I must not go any closer but I cannot leave for fear of where he might hide.

I sit alone, patiently awaiting the return of my friend. She should be here by now but her night seems to be going worse than mine. Fate has frowned upon us this night, made our fears a reality, caused unrest in our very souls. 

She arrives, aware of my struggle and ready to help. Walking into my room she finds me, blank faced, eyes glued to the eight legged demon attached to my wall. She gets into position, her thick black boots ready to eliminate the monster. 

Slow at first then quick with rage, she smashes her foot against the wall, squishing the spider, killing him instantly. Within that moment her frustrations were released, a part of her could put aside the struggles of the night, and rejoice in victory of slaying my beast.

The night had been grim but could still be salvaged. Together we relaxed, forgetting our worries and preparing for the new day ahead. Instead of drifting to sleep in fear and worry, we are happy, having now a fondness of this night's events. We can smile and laugh, knowing our problems have been conquered and the morning shall bring a better day.


The End

6/16/22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/18/22 The Hypno-Toilet

12/25/22 Paper Floor

9/22/22 We the Dreamers