6/24/22 Risk

 Risk

“You are risking everything for this! You could lose everything!”

“I KNOW!” Arina screamed, “I know, but I can’t let this go. How could I?”

“Just leave it, don’t take the risk, it’s not worth it Arina,” Jamen desperately pleaded.

“Jamen, I know you are just trying to look out for me, and I thank you for that, but this is something I need to do, and no matter what you say, it’s not going to stop me,” Arina stated confidently.

“Alright, alright go ahead, do it, but before you do just tell me this. Why are you doing it? Why is it so important to you? And don’t just say ‘because it is’. If you are willing to risk everything for this you need to have a good reason.”

Arina paused for a second, not sure of how to answer.

“Come on Arina, you should have an answer for this!” Jamen pressured.

Arina continued to stand silently, trying her best to think of an answer.

“See, if you can’t even tell me why it is so important to you, it is certainly not worth giving everything up. You know it’s true. Just don’t do it Arina, please.”

“Jamen…” Tears began to well up in her eyes, “I’m sorry.”

Jamen wrapped her in a comforting hug. “It’s ok Arina, it’s alright.”

“But I have to go,” she whispered as she pushed him away. She grabbed her bag and ran off.

“ARINA NO!” Jamen shouted, but it was too late; Arina was gone, risking everything she once knew on a whim, a dream, a fantasy. 


The End

6/24/22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/18/22 The Hypno-Toilet

12/25/22 Paper Floor

9/22/22 We the Dreamers