11/26/22 The Girl in the Horse Painting

 The Girl in the Horse Painting

“Oh man have you seen that one painting, the one with the horse, on that blue background.”

“Yeah! Oh my gosh that painting is so good. I’m actually looking to get a print of it to hang in my house.”

“That would look so good in your living room, or anywhere really.”

“I know, it’s such a good painting it could go anywhere really and make the room better!”

“Have you ever noticed the girl in the background? I never had until someone pointed it out to me and then I couldn’t stop looking at her.”

“There is a girl in the background?”

“I know right. I was shocked too, but yeah, there is. When you get that print you’ll have to look for her.”

“I guess I will. Wow, that's amazing. I’ve looked at that painting a thousand times and never even noticed the girl. You think the artist intended it to be that way?”

“He must have. I’m sure he did it for this very reason, for people to be astounded by the fact they never saw the girl.”

“Goes to show he’s really good at drawing horses.”

“Wait, wait, let me pull up a picture and show you so you don’t have to wait for the print… Here look.”

“Oh wow, there she is, just standing behind the horse. That’s crazy.”

“I know!”

“I wonder if the girl is someone the artist knows or just some random girl he imagined.”

“Well if he does know her, he must not have liked her too much to hide her in the background like that.”

“Or maybe it means he really likes her, and wanted to be the only one to see her in his masterpiece. Keeping her all to himself.”

“Hmm, that’s a good point. I guess we will never know.”

“And maybe he doesn’t want us to know.”


The End

11/26/22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/18/22 The Hypno-Toilet

12/25/22 Paper Floor

9/22/22 We the Dreamers