12/16/22 Suspicions

 Suspicions

I was at school like any other day, wearing my knitted maroon sweater over my button up white shirt. My legs were covered by a blue plaid skirt that went to my knees and black shoes with tall white socks adorned my feet.

It was break time and I walked outside the school and looked over to the stone wall. That’s where Vanessa always sat. She was the bad girl of the school, or at least that’s what she wanted everyone to think. I didn’t quite believe her but I did have my suspicions.

Vanessa was up to something but I couldn’t tell if it was very bad or not. I heard rumors of drugs and gangs, but didn’t think she was actually involved. I didn’t completely toss the idea out the window though. So everyday during break, I went out to check on her, always sitting on that stone wall.

Today however, when I walked outside, Vanessa was gone, nowhere to be found. “Oh no,” I said to myself. The rumors were true and I knew something bad was about to happen. I’m not sure why, but I started running for the pool.

When I got there, I watched as Vanessa violently pushed the principal into the water. There was definitely something bad going on, more than just our principal getting soaked. 

But I guess I’ll never know what it was, because this was a dream of mine, and my alarm stopped me from finding out what was actually happening. Did the principal die? Was Vanessa in a gang and or dealing drugs? I could write an ending to this story but it would never be enough. I would still hold that longing to know what was actually going on.


The End

12/16/22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/18/22 The Hypno-Toilet

12/25/22 Paper Floor

9/22/22 We the Dreamers