6/22/22 Don't Sleep

 Don’t Sleep

“No time to rest, no time for sleep, always working, working, working, must keep working. Why waste time with sleep? So unproductive, you get nothing done. Keep working, keep staying awake, sleep as little as possible, just enough to get you through.” 

He paces around his room, eyes heavy, “We waste so much time sleeping when we don’t even need to. Just keep working, just keep working, keep getting things done. Don’t stop, we could have so much done if we just didn’t sleep.”

His voice grew louder as his rant continued, “I’m fine, I don’t need more sleep! Look at me, totally fine, still breathing, still moving, still getting work done! I’m not going crazy, I’m totally sane, I’m the only one who really sees. Everyone always tells me to sleep more, but no! I DON’T NEED IT!” he yells.

“Look at all them, laying down like they’re dead, while I’m here actually accomplishing things. And they call me the crazy one, the weird one. I don’t need them, let them sleep, let me be alone with my productivity. They won’t see it but they will know once they wake up. THEY WILL ALL SEE,” he takes heavy breaths as his words inspire anger within himself.

“I DON’T NEED TO SLEEP MORE, I’M FINE, WHY CAN’T EVERYONE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! I don- I don’t need to sl- leeep…” his eyes shut as he falls to the floor, passing out from exhaustion.


The End

6/22/22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/18/22 The Hypno-Toilet

12/25/22 Paper Floor

9/22/22 We the Dreamers