11/17/22 Ice (Part 1)

 Ice (Part 1)

“Bring your sword here boy,” the older gentleman insists. “Alright now dip it here in the water.”

“Will this damage my sword?”

“No, no boy, this will make it all the more powerful. Nothing like a little magic to help a 

Blade,” the man says, purposely sparking the younger man's interest.

  “Magic, what kind of magic?” the young man asks skeptically.

“Ice magic. The sword will need to sit here overnight so the water freezes. As the water becomes ice around the sword, the magic seeps into the metal itself.”

“What does the magic do?”

“Well it will freeze people of course. Whatever this sword touches will become frozen in time. But, once the blade no longer has contact, whatever was frozen will be able to move normally.”

“That sounds really cool! But…will it really work? Is this really magic water, or are you some charlatan trying to make a pretty penny?”

The older man becomes very serious, “On my life, I swear to you I am not lying. May this sword pierce my heart if I have told you a lie.”

“Alright,” the young man responds, believing the sincerity of the older man. “I will be back in the morning to retrieve my sword.”

“I look forward to seeing you then,” the older man says with a bow.


To Be Continued

11/17/22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4/18/22 The Hypno-Toilet

12/25/22 Paper Floor

9/22/22 We the Dreamers